Who on here actually has a trade

Members online

Although I agree with that (my mates who are gas and sparks are minted).. I still would have chosen plastering, money is important factor in a career but also enjoying your job is, I would hate being gas or sparks!
Honestly mate your saying you’d rather mix shi te and throw it about a room than turn up in a spotless van with spotless clothes and take three times the money for half the work. Crazy speak

20180207_113756.jpg

That's the jobs we do a lot of.

Yep a good bit.
Busy enough here too Co Kerry, all old school s/c inside float and skim, external s/c Napp and sponge rates are s**t and always will be, miserable bastards, worked in Dublin for 20 years, great craic great money would go back only missus isnt well still doing 3 hits a day at 59 , two in the morning 1 in the after noon, on day work at the moment s**t rates, only for my wife's situation of I'd be gone , activity looking for work in cork or Kerry thanks lads

Busy enough here too Co Kerry, all old school s/c inside float and skim, external s/c Napp and sponge rates are s**t and always will be, miserable bastards, worked in Dublin for 20 years, great craic great money would go back only missus isnt well still doing 3 hits a day at 59 , two in the morning 1 in the after noon, on day work at the moment s**t rates, only for my wife's situation of I'd be gone , activity looking for work in cork or Kerry thanks lads

Nifty I don't suppose that you've come across a bloke called Gary Hussey from the Kerry area have you? He worked for me for a good few years back. He's been back in the Kerry area for a fair while now. Really nice guy.

Why didn't you carry on and f**k plastering off?

The business was predominantly e-commerce. Other than the odd market to shift stale stock. Multilple websites, amazon and ebay selling account.

Ebay and amazon accounted for 90% of sales. Ebay was great then, but they started allowing chinese sellers , selling the same stock, to be put above uk sellers, same item but much cheaper.

Buyers were unaware of the complications buying from china (returns are impossible) and just seen the cheap price tag.

If that wasn’t bad enough, chinese sellers started pretending to be uk sellers (still do) and tricking the remaining loyal customers to buy from them, when they’re think they’re buying from uk.

Long story short this destroyed mine and many other businesses. I had a warehouse full of stock that wasn’t moving, overheads still going. I tried to downsize and ran it from a 20ft container. I realised this was the beginning of the end and cut losses and brought the house etc.