wrist pain

• Thread starter Deleted member 29624
  • Start date

Members online

No members online now.
D

Deleted member 29624

Few days ago was trowelling up and my wrist started aching, now can hardly rotate my wrist, when I do it sends a pain up the right side of my right wrist nearly to my elbow. When I push on the bone above my wrist feels really tender....anyone got any ideas...bought a tear to my eye trowelling up today

Bag of frozen peas around the wrist jobs a gooden

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Few days ago was trowelling up and my wrist started aching, now can hardly rotate my wrist, when I do it sends a pain up the right side of my right wrist nearly to my elbow. When I push on the bone above my wrist feels really tender....anyone got any ideas...bought a tear to my eye trowelling up today
Tendonitis.........Ice packs and rest it(that's what a doc told me when I had it)....
Didn't rest it, ended up having 5.......that's right 5......cortisone injections, all on the same day!
Do yourself a favour mate, work smart, don't overtrowel, buy a spat of some sort, but for now.......rest it, @plasterman had a thread earlier about repetitive strain injuries.......now you can post on it....lol

:) :)

Attachments

• wrist pain
    image.png
    518.3 KB · Views: 395
Its just aches and pains iam lucky get no back or wrist pain just this plantar shite but its getting better 34 years doing it you learn to work smarter and gear wetter

Had tendinitis in 2 fingers for about 5 years now..comes and goes pal..my fingers were locked in a grip other nite kept me awake all nite..it is wat it is as there say..
That sounds like arthritis mate i used to get that tendonitis is in the wrist

That sounds like arthritis mate i used to get that tendonitis is in the wrist
Can get it in fingers aswell went to docs and she said she thinks my tendons are crossed over in my fingers or some s**t said it wud require a op to sort but wud need 2 months off work..cut all my tendons in my right hand pissed up wen was 18 fell on a glass ash tray had op and had 3 month off work so think its sumat to do with the tendons..u can get tendonitis in the fingers aswell as the wrist

Can get it in fingers aswell went to docs and she said she thinks my tendons are crossed over in my fingers or some s**t said it wud require a op to sort but wud need 2 months off work..cut all my tendons in my right hand pissed up wen was 18 fell on a glass ash tray had op and had 3 month off work so think its sumat to do with the tendons..u can get tendonitis in the fingers aswell as the wrist
Ouch!!

It'll go after time, feels like it's never-ending but will eventually ease. I bought one of these about 10 years ago. My chiropractor used it on me so I went and bought one. Hand made in Canada I believe, great for loosening things up. I attach a bit of rope to handle and fire it up and down the back. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152079656307

It'll go after time, feels like it's never-ending but will eventually ease. I bought one of these about 10 years ago. My chiropractor used it on me so I went and bought one. Hand made in Canada I believe, great for loosening things up. I attach a bit of rope to handle and fire it up and down the back. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152079656307
Stretching is what I do, every day after work. Back,legs arms &neck, check out YouTube.

Stretching is what I do, every day after work. Back,legs arms &neck, check out YouTube.
Yes, I'm currently looking into yoga. Stretching etc is great, but a pounding into the muscles is good for aches too. Also like Thai massage. £15 for half hour over clothes. Before that I did go to a woman that had a setup at her home, doing the full Swedish thing, but had to walk past her husband in the lounge and up to a bedroom, felt a bit seedy as was a top off job, got a strong feeling he wasn't comfortable with it all, I wouldn't have been and I'm pretty liberal.

i swear by a trion z wristband, basically a modern take on a copper bracelet, with magnets in it, am 37 and i dont creak that much atm !!!!!

@Lodan might pay you to wear a wrist strap i do now and again
and good old pain killers see the doctor tell him plastering is your livleyhood
and you want the strongest pain killers he,s allowed to give you
this is what i do.

The point about overtrowelling is a good one. Being fairly new to the job you'll no doubt be giving it everything to show your skills off to customers etc. Rest it and your wrist will be stronger when you get back.

The point about overtrowelling is a good one. Being fairly new to the job you'll no doubt be giving it everything to show your skills off to customers etc. Rest it and your wrist will be stronger when you get back.
Yeah I think I do still over trowel so a good point, just get nervous leaving it alone for too long:)

I thought u were using the speedskim now 600mm one ? Save a lot on yer troweling
Yeah been using speedskim for 2 flattens, been on a few where its not usable recently in-situ kitchens and the like.

I tell you something if it carries on im going to have to go on the sick, had 2 biggish artex ceilings today and could hardly hold the trowel by the time I was finishing off the second