wrist pain

• Thread starter Deleted member 29624
  • Start date

Members online

No members online now.
I tell you something if it carries on im going to have to go on the sick, had 2 biggish artex ceilings today and could hardly hold the trowel by the time I was finishing off the second
Take the time off get it diagnosed by the Dr and you'll be good to carry on we didn't and that's why everyone's body's are shagged

Hard as it is you may be better takin a few weeks off, I didn't take time when I done my ankle, tripped over electric cable nearly 2years ago, ankles not right yet. Also broke hand 3years ago and didn't take time off, again not just right. Your eagerness can come back to bite you later mate, know that doesn't pay the bills though. And tbh I probably wouldn't take my own advice, I'd likely just suffer it lol

Yeah I think I do still over trowel so a good point, just get nervous leaving it alone for too long:)
Try this as an experiment.....
Plaster a cupboard or something not "on show" in the usual way, except.....only trowel after flattening once.......after a while run in the corners, ceiling line and clean any woodwork, leave the wall alone assuming its reasonably flat for a little longer.........then trowel as usual, minimum water, clean down/up, as it begins to change colour give it one more dry pass if you think it needs it. Check it the next day and assess the quality, I suspect you will be pleasantly surprised, a Matt flat finish ready for paint, less effort, less stress. If you can, see the cupboard after it's decorated and compare to your usual work.

I
Try this as an experiment.....
Plaster a cupboard or something not "on show" in the usual way, except.....only trowel after flattening once.......after a while run in the corners, ceiling line and clean any woodwork, leave the wall alone assuming its reasonably flat for a little longer.........then trowel as usual, minimum water, clean down/up, as it begins to change colour give it one more dry pass if you think it needs it. Check it the next day and assess the quality, I suspect you will be pleasantly surprised, a Matt flat finish ready for paint, less effort, less stress. If you can, see the cupboard after it's decorated and compare to your usual work.
Agree mate, when I get some less seen areas will start experimenting

I

Agree mate, when I get some less seen areas will start experimenting
It's good to know how little you can do and still get a good finish. I'm not suggesting a bodge, just working the plaster as little as poss to get it flat and smooth. We are all different, but I find the speedy is a great help, flatten 1st coat with it then leave it, clean, prep somewhere else or drink tea.....then 2nd coat and repeat.....clean up, wash in corners etc speedy it again then cross speedy it, leave it then a nela over it. I open windows etc to get a draught on the first coat, seems to help me if I 2nd coat onto a dryish 1st coat.

I was raised on caviar
Its quite funny my dads irish and absolutely loves potatoes would have them with anything...its like the famine bred the love into the irish....you'd like my dad if you met him(y)

I don't get any of them problems apart from me back going once and have been to my drs about the @clemo disease I get once in a while

1) @ lodan, we tried telling you pal and we werent being funny plastering fucks up your body and it ain't going to getvany easier mate.

2) Try and get out whilst you still can.

3) learn to 1 coat properly.

sub all the work out... make a bit on the side and rest up
I agree not that I've had any ailments seeing as I'm a brickie n hard as constipation working out in all weathers on site looking into the houses when it's freezing outside and the plasterers are inside with the heaters on like a furnace, Sweat pishing off them!!
Seriously though if you don't rest it you'll be no use in the future, Another big one is protect your hands , Barrier cream or gloves, I've seen many a good plasterer knackered from dermatitis !!!

Taped my wrist up with gaffer tape now which seems to be helping(y)

Ge
I tell you something if it carries on im going to have to go on the sick, had 2 biggish artex ceilings today and could hardly hold the trowel by the time I was finishing off the second
Get a copper magnetic wrist band

Ge

Get a copper magnetic wrist band
Funny you should say that I ordered one of those trionz bracelets that someone mentioned earlier in the thread, got magnets and some negative ion malarky...should be with me tomorrow.

So far today ive had about 25 fags, 9 cans of beer, a vindaloo, a bag of pork scratchings and about 6 black coffees....maybe I should worry less about my wrist:)

and some beans on toast that my very pleasant customer made me

So far today ive had about 25 fags, 9 cans of beer, a vindaloo, a bag of pork scratchings and about 6 black coffees....maybe I should worry less about my wrist:)
Cut down on the fags and beer and the curry all those are inflammatory

Cut down on the fags and beer and the curry all those are inflammatory
Yeah your right, I got the psoriasis and crohn's and colits run in the family all infammatory diseases

The trion z wristbands are good but use to wear one of them and a copper band and a something called an infinity pro...

The infinity pro got me back on my feet again after dengue as I had feck all balance...

Positive attitude helps as well

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Hard as it is you may be better takin a few weeks off, I didn't take time when I done my ankle, tripped over electric cable nearly 2years ago, ankles not right yet. Also broke hand 3years ago and didn't take time off, again not just right. Your eagerness can come back to bite you later mate, know that doesn't pay the bills though. And tbh I probably wouldn't take my own advice, I'd likely just suffer it lol

Broke my arm, in fact snapped it in two on a sat night. In hospital Monday morning getting an operation on it, opened up, 8 bolts and a metal plate from elbow to wrist and was in my own site on Thursday lifting block up few lifts of scaffold building 2 gables me and the mate! Was under so much pressure at the time and couldn't get anyone to do it so had to do it myself. Was fun to say the least!

Get plenty of turmeric in your diet....natural anti inflammatory. It's the stuff that makes curry yellow.

Have it 3 times a day in organic form. Have to chop it up myself along with organic garlic and ginger. Not kidding when I say this but it gives me longer staying power when giving the misses one because when I forgot to have it or run out, I cum quicker without it. Must do something to the aul balls or prostate that benefits alot.

Broke my arm, in fact snapped it in two on a sat night. In hospital Monday morning getting an operation on it, opened up, 8 bolts and a metal plate from elbow to wrist and was in my own site on Thursday lifting block up few lifts of scaffold building 2 gables me and the mate! Was under so much pressure at the time and couldn't get anyone to do it so had to do it myself. Was fun to say the least!

Have it 3 times a day in organic form. Have to chop it up myself along with organic garlic and ginger. Not kidding when I say this but it gives me longer staying power when giving the misses one because when I forgot to have it or run out, I cum quicker without it. Must do something to the aul balls or prostate that benefits alot.
Turmeric with black pepper apparently activates the turmeric to full potential (y)
https://www.turmericforhealth.com/turmeric-benefits/health-benefits-of-black-pepper-and-turmeric

Sure that's not "cumin" :estudioso::risas:

Vasectomy. Told to take it easy for week, up on scaffold next day, mixing and rendering myself. Black and blue balls, size of buffalos. 2 weeks of agony. Listen to the doctor.

Don't know if its the trionz bracelet or the stretches @Rossi46 told me to do but my wrist feels twice as good as it did a couple of days ago(y)

Don't know if its the trionz bracelet or the stretches @Rossi46 told me to do but my wrist feels twice as good as it did a couple of days ago(y)
The bracelet wouldn't sort it that quick.
No problem @Lodan :D
I did an FA sports injury course at night school for a few years so I know a bit about that sorta stuff.