Boring

And let’s not forget the biggest thing in plasterworld this year
175077CF-34AD-44CA-BA64-883F4ECF13B7.jpeg

About time too :numberone:

I'd like to go back and discuss the benefits of Wickes plastic dust sheets that Wayners mentioned earlier. Coincidentally enough, I went into my local branch of Wickes after finishing work the other night to pick up some materials for the next day. Now, I don't usually buy from Wickes, but decided it would save me a bit of time the next day and give me a few more minutes in the scratcher. Anyway, I goes into Wickes, loads up my trolley with a bit of 6x3 and a few bags of multi. Saved a bit on the 6x3 cus I bought more than 5. Remembered that I needed some plastic sheets to cover up some kitchen units, so asked the guy in Wickes if he had any plastic dust sheets that would be suitable for covering up some kitchen units.
Guess what? He said that they had some suitable plastic sheets suitable for covering up kitchen units. He kindly introduced me to their range of plastic sheets suitable for covering up kitchen units and showed me the 3.2 by 3.2m model.
Perfect I thought, and a quick feel of the plastic sheet proved the desired durability for the job of covering up said kitchen units. The good thing about the 3.2 sheet, is the overlap. The job had an 8' ceiling, so after computing the metric equivalent of 2.4m, 2400mm, I decided that there would be sufficient overlap of approx 800mm. I then subtracted the thickness of my over boarding and skim...approx 15.5mm, leaving me with approx 784.5mm to play with. All well and good, but foolishly I had gone and bought 38mm masking tape rather than 25mm! Big mistake!!
Apart from the severe financial impact, I lost several square millimeters of plastic sheet real estate with the masking tape overlap, meaning that my overlap onto the floor was severely compromised!
Has anyone else had this problem?

I'd like to go back and discuss the benefits of Wickes plastic dust sheets that Wayners mentioned earlier. Coincidentally enough, I went into my local branch of Wickes after finishing work the other night to pick up some materials for the next day. Now, I don't usually buy from Wickes, but decided it would save me a bit of time the next day and give me a few more minutes in the scratcher. Anyway, I goes into Wickes, loads up my trolley with a bit of 6x3 and a few bags of multi. Saved a bit on the 6x3 cus I bought more than 5. Remembered that I needed some plastic sheets to cover up some kitchen units, so asked the guy in Wickes if he had any plastic dust sheets that would be suitable for covering up some kitchen units.
Guess what? He said that they had some suitable plastic sheets suitable for covering up kitchen units. He kindly introduced me to their range of plastic sheets suitable for covering up kitchen units and showed me the 3.2 by 3.2m model.
Perfect I thought, and a quick feel of the plastic sheet proved the desired durability for the job of covering up said kitchen units. The good thing about the 3.2 sheet, is the overlap. The job had an 8' ceiling, so after computing the metric equivalent of 2.4m, 2400mm, I decided that there would be sufficient overlap of approx 800mm. I then subtracted the thickness of my over boarding and skim...approx 15.5mm, leaving me with approx 784.5mm to play with. All well and good, but foolishly I had gone and bought 38mm masking tape rather than 25mm! Big mistake!!
Apart from the severe financial impact, I lost several square millimeters of plastic sheet real estate with the masking tape overlap, meaning that my overlap onto the floor was severely compromised!
That was like self harming reading that...It was hurting but somehow I needed to get through it.

I read that in the style of Arlo Guthrie singing Alice's Restaurant :LOL:

I read that as imagine Pitt the elder might have whilst enlightening Pitt the Younger on the trials,and tribulations of the plastering life..........out loud.............(y)

Where on this forum do you post deals? Anyway. Monday.. Tomorrow. 15% off for trade discount holders at wickes. Maybe worth stock up for the week on plastic sheets and multi.. And the right size masking @Chrispy33uk :fuckyou: