Thistle Bond 60

I can imagine the threads for the next ten years if they bring out a quick setting finish, it would be constant moaning it's to fast and there will be plenty more customers on here slagging work off.
Na ,,,only spreads that know what they r doing should use it..
We already have easi fill in various setting times,don't hear people complaining about that.
There is a bigger potential market for quick setting finish than uni, in my opinion.

Na ,,,only spreads that know what they r doing should use it..
We already have easi fill in various setting times,don't hear people complaining about that.
There is a bigger potential market for quick setting finish than uni, in my opinion.
Well if they ask for qualifications before you can buy it I doubt we will hear much on here about it lol coz I'm not buying it ;)

Meanwhile on the Costa it's cooking :descansando: half past 9 at night and 31c

image.png

There's a lot of voices asking for quick set multi for patch jobs, the bonding is a start but even if that sets quick enough your then waiting for the skim to set which contradicts the use of quick set bonding tbh.

British gypsum, quicker setting bonding is a start,,,but if you surveyed most plasterers quick setting finish would be far more needed.as said we can make bonding set as we like, rooms can be turned over quicker if this was the case for the guys that can handle it.
Do you survey plasterers before you bring a product out.?

We're glad you like the Bonding 60 idea, and thanks for the feedback on finish with quicker setting. This product is the first from a large research piece we undertook with plasterers and other trades across the country. There are more products to come but we are working on them one at a time. We will keep you posted

Finally managed to use bond 60 2day it Is actually nicer to use Than normal bonding its creamier and dsnt push out as much wen setting..skimming seemed to go off quicker on it as well but that mite of been the weather..its better than the original in my opinion

I don't see the point of it, you have always been able to skim after an hour if you wanted, depending on how you treated the background or what the back ground was. Bonding has never really been used as a backing plaster like browning or the others it has always been used to pull stuff out, set beads or maybe chases. It's like they have ran out of ideas after giving up on the good ideas ie magnetic and uni. Fair enough tweek stuff to suit the plasterer by all means but you can't possibly have two pallets of bonding side by side in a yard with one costing twice as much as the other. Same again get rid of normal bonding and replace but don't have our pants down for the privilege.

I don't see the point of it, you have always been able to skim after an hour if you wanted, depending on how you treated the background or what the back ground was. Bonding has never really been used as a backing plaster like browning or the others it has always been used to pull stuff out, set beads or maybe chases. It's like they have ran out of ideas after giving up on the good ideas ie magnetic and uni. Fair enough tweek stuff to suit the plasterer by all means but you can't possibly have two pallets of bonding side by side in a yard with one costing twice as much as the other. Same again get rid of normal bonding and replace but don't have our pants down for the privilege.
I'm not just saying it ... But it does have a better feel to it when troweled onto the wall.

Years ago I used bonding for everything , I never needed any other backing plaster and I could never understand why thy didn't have one that done all but this does. You could control the background that was for high suction plasters ie browning with water, the added advantage for bonding was painted brick so you could use it on everything. Fair enough if I had a full new build to float I would go with hardwall but on domestics with different background into one bonding is king and saved f**k**g about mixing different s**t and also buying different, And also having half bags of every thing in the van.

I'm not just saying it ... But it does have a better feel to it when troweled onto the wall.
You wouldn't know you never used it 20 years ago, mix it stiffer or wetter it will feel different, different backgrounds it feels different, different batches it feels different and I've heard if you use these magic trowels it will feel different again. It has less retarder in it, the formula is probably still the same they are only changing the setting times not re inventing the wheel.

You wouldn't know you never used it 20 years ago, mix it stiffer or wetter it will feel different, different backgrounds it feels different, different batches it feels different and I've heard if you use these magic trowels it will feel different again. It has less retarder in it, the formula is probably still the same they are only changing the setting times not re inventing the wheel.
Yeah okay big balls 15 years is not to far away from 20 if we are getting our piss lengths measured ... Anyway it did feel better to me
I had a good depth to fill around a fire and normally would of had to of filled the depth in a couple of goes but with that 60 banged it on at the depth needed straight away in one it was nice, wish I had took some pictures but didn't have time.
You are right though I agree it's not re inventing the wheel but maybe the tweeting is needed to fair which is good.

Yeah okay big balls 15 years is not to far away from 20 if we are getting our piss lengths measured ... Anyway it did feel better to me
I had a good depth to fill around a fire and normally would of had to of filled the depth in a couple of goes but with that 60 banged it on at the depth needed straight away in one it was nice, wish I had took some pictures but didn't have time.
You are right though I agree it's not re inventing the wheel but maybe the tweeting is needed to fair which is good.
Don't be insulting it makes you look a Bigger prick than you already are, it's a f**k**g retarder that's slowing the set down, does it claim to say you can put it on thicker? It's basic plastering, mix it stiffer if you want to apply thicker, for f**k sake this place goes backwards sometime.

I wudnt pay extra to use this flynny but it does go on miles better as Pete said with depth..i had the worst thing u can do in plastering 2day! Curving under a staircase onto mesh..hate the bastards anyhow it went on lovely and chases dint push out as much wen setting..do away with the old and sell this at slightly same price

I think its gud gear anyhow miles better than original so please @BritishGypsum do away with the old s**t and bring this to the market but with similar pricing or ull just have another unifinish episode

Word on the street is.. Apparently hq are getting it to merchants now, anyone got a price for it? Also if any dafty knuckleheads see it in bnq can you post up price... I might start using it instead of my sand and cement mixes I use if price is right..
Thanks

Word on the street is.. Apparently hq are getting it to merchants now, anyone got a price for it? Also if any dafty knuckleheads see it in bnq can you post up price... I might start using it instead of my sand and cement mixes I use if price is right..
Thanks
Used bonding yestarday nd it was shite and I thought Vince I wish this was bonding 60..miles better but it needs to stay the same price and do away the old shite as its horrible to use..or and wen I mixed it yestarday it was rock solid in 30mins

Used bonding yestarday nd it was shite and I thought Vince I wish this was bonding 60..miles better but it needs to stay the same price and do away the old shite as its horrible to use..or and wen I mixed it yestarday it was rock solid in 30mins
U do know his name is pete

Agreed mate,I seen some of the badboy spreads on scheme been saying it's the don..they have used a few pallets of it and were biggin it up, I only had 5 bags to use a while ago and loved it... Never got given anymore to try,think I'm not in good books anymore.