Graco APX

Members online

No members online now.
Been trailing a new spray plaster to the UK market. I've been applying all tapes and 2 coats in a day.

The next day it's dry ready for a light sand and then decoration.

Total game changer

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Been trailing a new spray plaster to the UK market. I've been applying all tapes and 2 coats in a day.

The next day it's dry ready for a light sand and then decoration.

Total game changer

is that from knauf?

Exactly. Tested again today it quick dry but no a patch on the new Vimark Rasospray. Dry in 2 hours!

I seen your video, you mentioned that it was bubbling where it was thick, what was the thickness there roughly?

I seen your video, you mentioned that it was bubbling where it was thick, what was the thickness there roughly?
I would say given the 38m2 coverage that two .5mm coats

I would say given the 38m2 coverage that two .5mm coats

So 1mm overall thickness is too thick then and it makes it getting bubbles? Is that needs re coating to get rid of the holes or you can trowel it out when it starts pulling in?

So 1mm overall thickness is too thick then and it makes it getting bubbles? Is that needs re coating to get rid of the holes or you can trowel it out when it starts pulling in?
At 0.5m there is no bubbles. So 2 coats with no bubbles is 1mm.

At 0.5m there is no bubbles. So 2 coats with no bubbles is 1mm.

You completely lost me there.
You said in the video that it was bubbling where it went on thick, so my question was what's the thickness there where it was bubbling.

You completely lost me there.
You said in the video that it was bubbling where it went on thick, so my question was what's the thickness there where it was bubbling.
Yes the depth is there and with that product it left little holes in the first coat where it was built out, say 2-3mm. This covered on the second coat fine, however most other airless products don't do this.

With one tub it's hard to gauge a realistic view on the product. Its different to most other airless finishes but in theory has the potential to be good

Exactly. Tested again today it quick dry but no a match on the new Vimark Rasospray. Dry in 2 hours!

Thanks a lot for all the reviews; few small comments on Rasospray design characteristics.

Rasospray was designed as ultra quick drying finishing airless plaster with superior coverage at 1mm thickness applied in two coats, which is arguably the most popular scenario in airless applications. We believe that quick drying and high coverage would allow for the next level of efficiency within the fast growing airless market.

While it is possible to built higher thicknesses in several passes with Rasospray, we would be introducing a backing airless plaster specifically designed for high thicknesses applications.

Thanks a lot for all the reviews; few small comments on Rasospray design characteristics.

Rasospray was designed as ultra quick drying finishing airless plaster with superior coverage at 1mm thickness applied in two coats, which is arguably the most popular scenario in airless applications. We believe that quick drying and high coverage would allow for the next level of efficiency within the fast growing airless market.

While it is possible to built higher thicknesses in several passes with Rasospray, we would be introducing a backing airless plaster specifically designed for high thicknesses applications.
That would be great if it is also quick drying.

Rasospray sands nice as well

I’d be keen to try Rasospray. Only sprayed Knauf and Smartmix. Whilst the Smartmix wasn’t designed to be sprayed, the finish was better than Knauf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d be keen to try Rasospray. Only sprayed Knauf and Smartmix. Whilst the Smartmix wasn’t designed to be sprayed, the finish was better than Knauf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi @TonyM thanks for your interested in Rasospray airless from Vimark.

Rasospay airless delivers really nice finish; it will be available in stock end of January. We'll keep you updated.

That would be great if it is also quick drying.

Rasospray sands nice as well

With the stuff you’ve used do you try to get a good finish without thinking you gonna sand it , I’ve never used any airless but think I’d still be trying to get it as good a finish as I could so hopefully wouldn’t have to sand it , or is that not worth trying?

With the stuff you’ve used do you try to get a good finish without thinking you gonna sand it , I’ve never used any airless but think I’d still be trying to get it as good a finish as I could so hopefully wouldn’t have to sand it , or is that not worth trying?
Yes and the finish would be ok however we always sand to take it to the next level.

It's hard to explain the difference untill you see and feel for yourselves.

Hi @Vincey absolutely, I think trying airless is a must.

Airless plastering is much superior vs traditional "multifinish" plastering in speed of the application, eg. labour £/m2, look and quality of the finish, material cost £/m2.

We believe airless part of the plastering market will grow very fast over the next years.

There are many decorators, painters who already use airless systems for paint applications. Moving for them to airless plastering might be logical step which would again threaten traditional "multifinish" plastering.

You could also talk to @Curry in order to learn more about airless academy, which offer airless plastering courses and on going support.

From our side we would be offering Rasospray airless, which is one of the quickest drying airless plasters on the market.

Hi @Vincey absolutely, I think trying airless is a must.

Airless plastering is much superior vs traditional "multifinish" plastering in speed of the application, eg. labour £/m2, look and quality of the finish, material cost £/m2.

We believe airless part of the plastering market will grow very fast over the next years.

There are many decorators, painters who already use airless systems for paint applications. Moving for them to airless plastering might be logical step which would again threaten traditional "multifinish" plastering.

You could also talk to @Curry in order to learn more about airless academy, which offer airless plastering courses and on going support.

From our side we would be offering Rasospray airless, which is one of the quickest drying airless plasters on the market.

This is my new kitchen which is floated with knauf universal, topped in airless and spray painted in one coat with no mist coats.

It's easy and fast and will be the future. Spray plaster day 1and then sand and paint the next on plaster board.

Decs are feed up with shite plastering and are taking matter in to the own hands. Best we learn to paint other wise we are gonna be left behind.
f8a2c17369a144bb9b1855183685f6e7.jpg
d213c65730000e3f3e1d024e685484e3.jpg
ec8dec15462d4e7780092359fbbc167a.jpg

@Curry and @Bauwer thanks for the replies , main point for me is saving my body parts for the future, a lot of my work is domestic stuff if I could make this system work on some of the jobs I’d be well chuffed , I look forward to finding out

@Curry and @Bauwer thanks for the replies , main point for me is saving my body parts for the future, a lot of my work is domestic stuff if I could make this system work on some of the jobs I’d be well chuffed , I look forward to finding out
I'm sure that one of Steve's first videos of them using airless was on a renovation job.

The jobs u do airless is not worth a f**k. U be faster skimming them. U do a lot of one day jobs even less half day Pete.

Last edited: