Graco APX

Members online

Never did like that hessian scrim but still got my plunger for small jobs and tyrolean. Even ise it on the odd bucket of silicone.
Do you want to go to demo day with us lot on the 19th January mate ? Danny never replied if there was spaces left but I’m sure there was a few left , hotel is dirt cheap even if you could make it for one day

Do you want to go to demo day with us lot on the 19th January mate ? Danny never replied if there was spaces left but I’m sure there was a few left , hotel is dirt cheap even if you could make it for one day
It's cheap when u don't pay for it :LOL:

Never did like that hessian scrim but still got my plunger for small jobs and tyrolean. Even ise it on the odd bucket of silicone.
Me too plunger and stick just in case the drill explodes into a thousand pieces, still use hessian scrim sometimes too. Us oldies eh never learn these new tangled ideas

Me too plunger and stick just in case the drill explodes into a thousand pieces, still use hessian scrim sometimes too. Us oldies eh never learn these new tangled ideas
You speak for yourself mate, this old git has three mixers just in case one packs up.
If I thought that this airless was the way forward I'd be all over it.

You speak for yourself mate, this old git has three mixers just in case one packs up.
If I thought that this airless was the way forward I'd be all over it.
We have three but being an ever cautious old git only keep one in the van at any time and one is 110 volt and my arms are long enough without carting the transformer around.

If this type of gear were to really take over it would only be a good thing for spreads in the very, very short term.
Anything that makes finishing walls inside or outside easier isn't for our benefit but to reduce the amount of skill required, leading to reduced prices.
You've only to look at what's happened with direct bonded boards. It takes no time to learn and is fairly quick to do. Now builders are doing it themselves and getting spreads in to skim. Maybe this is the next nail in the coffin for our trade?

We have three but being an ever cautious old git only keep one in the van at any time and one is 110 volt and my arms are long enough without carting the transformer around.
All of our mixers and lighting is 110v so we're always carrying a transformer. No wonder I've got arms like a gibbon.

If this type of gear were to really take over it would only be a good thing for spreads in the very, very short term.
Anything that makes finishing walls inside or outside easier isn't for our benefit but to reduce the amount of skill required, leading to reduced prices.
You've only to look at what's happened with direct bonded boards. It takes no time to learn and is fairly quick to do. Now builders are doing it themselves and getting spreads in to skim. Maybe this is the next nail in the coffin for our trade?
Have to agree with you on that one, nothing from my experience is designed to make our life easier just to bring prices down

All of our mixers and lighting is 110v so we're always carrying a transformer. No wonder I've got arms like a gibbon.
That’s because we don’t work for builders as such, the health and safety issue pissed me off to much working on the channel tunnel so I stopped doing it I don’t need someone telling me what I need and must do, I am old enough to know if I walk off a scaffold I will get hurt so pretty much everything we have is 240 and we use wooden hop ups too

That’s because we don’t work for builders as such, the health and safety issue pissed me off to much working on the channel tunnel so I stopped doing it I don’t need someone telling me what I need and must do, I am old enough to know if I walk off a scaffold I will get hurt so pretty much everything we have is 240 and we use wooden hop ups too
Crikey I haven't made a wooden hop up for maybe fifteen years probably more.

If you want to know what the future in the UK is then you should probably look to the states. Board this and machine that. Kirk Gordionao is probably the last man in the whole country who can plaster properly and even he uses wondermix this and ten minute mud that. And he hasn't got a cement mixer.

You could always pick up a second hand graco Mark V. Normally sell for around 1500. If you can't get to grips with the system just sell it on for the same value. Nothing lost.

You need a 16" s*p*r*lex, 6" knife and possibly as spat on a pole.

Just don't expect it to be as quick as you are skimming straight away. You won't be, you will be learning. To many people think it's s**t coz they not instantly quicker.

It's like someone using a ritmo to spray mono for the first time. Often people have no experience with either the machine, render or new methods and they just decide it's s**t. However there is plenty of proof that in fact it's not the machine, the render or the method that's s**t it's just the inexperience of the plasterer.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Wise words.(y)

If you want to know what the future in the UK is then you should probably look to the states. Board this and machine that. Kirk Gordionao is probably the last man in the whole country who can plaster properly and even he uses wondermix this and ten minute mud that. And he hasn't got a cement mixer.
That is f**k**g frightening for all these youngsters who think Plastering is scumming or float and set

That is f**k**g frightening for all these youngsters who think Plastering is scumming or float and set

I'm only a semi skilled skimmer myself. I was hoping to upskill a bit when I joined the site so I could get off the road, but it didn't pan out like I hoped so mostly I'm here for the banter now. You never know, someone might offer me something eventually.

Perhaps even quicker if I stop being so rude to people, but that's easier said than done. I'm actually quite polite on site,believe it or not.

Last edited:
I'm only a semi skilled skimmer myself. I was hoping to upskill a bit when I joined the site so I could get off the road, but it didn't pan out like I hoped so mostly I'm here for the banter now. You never know, someone might offer me something eventually.

Perhaps even quicker if I stop being so rude to people, but that's easier said than done. I'm actually quite polite on site,believe it or not.
Just carry on being rude, it’s bloody funny, It gives people something to bounce off

I am on jury service then. Cant get out of it.

Yes you can,all you have to say is I believe the police are correct no matter what the circumstances!.
Why are you up at 2.44 am , there are ways to get out of jury service but it's not really the thing to do, he won't get called again for at least 10 yrs if ever

Ok mate do you know how I find out more info?

So if you have the man power could u just spray all day and have guys following behind finishing off?
You would never be able to keep up with the rate of application unless ur talking about a army of guys

We use both the trim tex beads and the metal sheetrock beads which knauf specify. The plastic are definatley more hit resistant.

The paper faced metal beads are also a ballache to fit properly the paper often comes away.

Plastics also have a get low profile ensuring a 1mm to 2mm depth.

They also curve well

5b59a8c5516218f9ea942091c634f4f9.jpg

Not tried Trim tex yet. Got it in my head that they are like Straitflex, and they are shite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk