Judged by age

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does your profile page say your 45?:loco:.....and if your booked up till jan, there cant be that many jobs your loosing out on for looking "too young":hueco:

My chippy installed 6inch skirting the same day before customer arrived home.
So what, it was 3 inches off the ground, it's not upto scratch. You ever watched a carpet fitter stretch the carpet over the gripper rods? The force from that would lever a 6inch skirt in and cause a crack where the newly decorated skirts meets the wall.

Last two post are too true.
Nothing wrong with a bit of confidence. Arrogance goes hand in hand with blindness. And when your there - you leave little room for improvement.

Bottom line is, if you're good you'll get recommended and people will get you do the work regardless of your age or appearance. I've been pierced and tattooed for 30 years (way before it was trendy) Potential customers would say "so and so said you looked dodgy but you did a good job."

Good answer

That's all that was needed... Not some rant about been cocky and being a gobshite! LOL!

Cheer pug

So what, it was 3 inches off the ground, it's not upto scratch. You ever watched a carpet fitter stretch the carpet over the gripper rods? The force from that would lever a 6inch skirt in and cause a crack where the newly decorated skirts meets the wall.

Hardwood flooring is being fitted.

Same as me at that age, I once had a smoking hot bird in my room ready to give her the best 3 minutes of her life when I was about 20, her 18.

She let slip her dad was a plasterer and out came the same s**t I just read on here, "I bet I'm faster, better and earned more then your dad"

She left fairly quickly.

My advice is don't rush buddy, take advice and respect the last generation.

Regarding the age thing, it's still happens to me, customers doubt my ability and often try to take the piss thinking they can get away with it, only thing to do is let your work do the talking.

I was once working with a 22 year old, me 24, he could do everything and anything, asked him to rule 10m2 of mono off and he scraped the lot off the wall, back to the breeze block and dropped the lot on the floor, all because he let his mouth run away with him.

Showing your age with the "I'm s**t hot" chat.

Really good plasterers generally don't need to tell people how good they are. It's almost like you've got an inferiority complex.

As you're booked up til January, what was the point in this thread?

Just because you're good doesn't mean you will always be busy and just because you're busy doesnt mean you are good. Oasis off here is a perfect example. Started off as a decorator. Pretty much learned on people's jobs but hes a savvy business man and now hes got a couple of people working for him full time and always busy. I also know a spread who is genuinely s**t hot (Doesnt brag about it either) yet he just isnt cut out for running a business so subs to an insurance firm for what im guessing is less money than he could potentially earn

Sent from my Nokia 3310 whilst having a poo

Shes dead now. Rumours went round school she stood to close to a cliff edge and her boobs weighed her down and she fell

Shes dead now. Rumours went round school she stood to close to a cliff edge and her boobs weighed her down and she fell

Wasn't it something to do with all the plastic surgery she'd had?

I remember that. Sneaky euro trash wank with my 10 inch TV and plug in battery aerial. Screen jumping and fuzzing

She was addicted to it, obviously due to an underlying mental health issue. Topped herself in the end.

"Best one I done was at a shop a good 6 7 years back wicked people great money and a good laugh

Turned the upstairs of the shop into a flat
4 bed room
2 bathrooms
Huge kitchen
Removed walls etc" - plasjack

so at 13 you did that?

I obviously meant months ffs

And if you purposely have gone digging for old posts you need to get a life mate.

Don't put a downer on it larry. Just got my cock in my hand

None of the best bits will have rotted yet, it's only been 15 years or so. (y)

Half the men on this site think there funny.... Coming up with s**t you hear in the playground haha at 30 - 45 I hope I'm not sitting on a forum chatting poop to other middle aged men

Cracking thread this, without sounding condescending to young jack I think it comes with experience . It's easy to get a little big headed when you do get a lot of praise off domestic clients but a better turn of phrase may be "I always aim for a high standard" or "I aim for the best finish possible" blah blah. If the best spread told me he was sh1t hot I would think him a bit of a breast. Best of luck to you plasjack

Half the men on this site think there funny.... Coming up with s**t you hear in the playground haha at 30 - 45 I hope I'm not sitting on a forum chatting poop to other middle aged men

You've outdone us on that one lad, at 20 years old your sat on a computer talking to 30-45 year olds trying to impress them by spouting absolute bullshit. Instead of out living your life.....you got here a good 10 -15 years early..but then again you were converting apartments at 13 years old...

Status
Not open for further replies.