Multifinish when dry!!!!

Members online

I just grease it up at the start of the gauge mate brush splash trowel.
Wasnt gonna post because the local fishermen disagree :llorando:

Over 100m skimmed before 1.30 (y)
With no "clouds".
Similar timing to sponging then....

If the job looks spot on
I know we've been over this before but would be nice to hear if possible from BRITISH GYPSUM.

Not so long ago if when troweling up your work you DIDNT use any additional water you couldn't fail to ensure the finish dried all 1 consistent colour.

I've just skimmed a living/dining room and not introduced any water apart from the tiniest of clean water on a 1"brush cleaning down angles and even then left it a while before trowling.

Just looks awful, not in the sense of bad work streaks, blemishes etc in fact the gear was lovley to use.

Ironically it really hit home today as called into a job from around 8 years ago it's been a build that has had to stop due to BC etc and customer was joking that he'd still not painted a particular room.

I had a look at the room looked lovley all 1 colour, proper soul destroying looking at dried out work now.

It's even getting to the stage that I've started to say it will look awful before being painted to some customers as I feel it looks that weird.

Probably if I'd only just started plastering I wouldn't think anything of it but it used to be a sign of a good spread how his work dried out.

Now good spreads work doesn't look much better than bad spreads until painted!

Piss & wind!!!!!
if job looks spot on when painted who going worry how the plaster is when dry. I've seen plaster in one matt colour when dry the reason for that minimal water no over trowling. But I've seen many like that but when the sun shines in the inperfection shows then. Becouse it hasent being troweld up rhight

@Ritch & @lurpak

Hahahahaha!!!

I've tried water, no water, timings, speedy further into set etc/ etc/ and still dries randomly, sometimes looks half decent, other times like complete s**t.. and that's when the gears 'good'.
I've notice that to you get a nice matt finish sometimes and cloudy other times I'm glad some other plasters are like this. But on a s**t cloudy finish looks spot on when painted and to me that what you whant no inperfection and a happy customer

I've notice that to you get a nice matt finish sometimes and cloudy other times I'm glad some other plasters are like this. But on a s**t cloudy finish looks spot on when painted and to me that what you whant no inperfection and a happy customer
I think at the end of the day does not matter if use the best modern trowel it all about timing and proper gear to get that all over matt finish but if it cloudy finish I'm not going to loose sleep over becouse a plaster down the road says it s**t. I'd just say come back to me when you painted and if it still s**t wel take it from ther some lads in this game think ther gods gift to the trowel.

For clarity I'm not asking how to learn to plaster im genuinely curious as to why the process doesnt produce the results when DRY prior to painting that it once did.

The painted finished article is admittedly still the same as years gone by!

For clarity I'm not asking how to learn to plaster im genuinely curious as to why the process doesnt produce the results when DRY prior to painting that it once did.

For clarity I not got a clue what you mean by cloudy.

All good things come to end m8. They might improve ther gear in coming months might not. or they might bring a new product out time will tell. My ideal finish plaster would be. Put 2 room down morning. Invent a trowel that can finish whith one over in the afternoon whithout any water. Am I talking s**t lol or does it sound good idea

Early water mate....it's done but not far away.
I know how it's gonna dry and paint.
Owes me £950 from end of last week approx £600 (4 hits this weekend) and small plot approx £800 start next week.
Liquid gold mate (y)

Attachments

• IMG_20190427_113809.jpg
    IMG_20190427_113809.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 356
  • IMG_20190427_113835.jpg
    IMG_20190427_113835.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 341
  • IMG_20190427_114022.jpg
    IMG_20190427_114022.jpg
    709 KB · Views: 379
Early water mate....it's done but not far away.
I know how it's gonna dry and paint.
Owes me £950 from end of last week approx £600 (4 hits this weekend) and small plot approx £800 start next week.
Liquid gold mate (y)
I can confirm that those travel sickness pills don't work for me.