Nela Medi flex

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeweston

Used one today on last 2 passes and must say its a nice trowel. I find the s*p*r*lex too flexible and doesn't cut
the high spots off. I lay on with a Refina premium 16", and use it to trowel up for the majority of the set and flatten ( sometimes run a spat over to take out any lines when first layed on). This mediflex is more like an old tysack trowel I used to have that had nice flex and razor sharp but strong enough to take any deveations out. Impressed (y)

Used one today on last 2 passes and must say its a nice trowel. I find the s*p*r*lex too flexible and doesn't cut
the high spots off. I lay on with a Refina premium 16", and use it to trowel up for the majority of the set and flatten ( sometimes run a spat over to take out any lines when first layed on). This mediflex is more like an old tysack trowel I used to have that had nice flex and razor sharp but strong enough to take any deveations out. Impressed (y)
Is the midiflex similar to the refina s*p*r*lex?

Ive not used one mate. Is the Refina s*p*r*lex not as flexible as the Nela. I've not long had the Refina standard 16" finishing trowel as my gold permashape is resembling a banana nowa days. Probably applying too much pressure on the nose over the years when doing reveals etc. The Refina is
Nice, will be even better when
Worn in a bit more and only £25!

You lot rate the Refina flex over the nela? I got a nela a while back and hardly use it as it seems to leave tiger marks, Iv just been using my MT and then then Regina plastic to cross. Worth giving the Refina s*p*r*lex a try?

Ive not used one mate. Is the Refina s*p*r*lex not as flexible as the Nela. I've not long had the Refina standard 16" finishing trowel as my gold permashape is resembling a banana nowa days. Probably applying too much pressure on the nose over the years when doing reveals etc.
Nice, will be even better when
Worn in a bit more and only £25!
Yeah its no as flexible I also have a refina premium only got it recently tho just ordered a set of waterstones to sharpen it thanks to @beddy for the idea I'm thinking of getting a Kraft carbon steel with the leather handle they look the dogs but I've just got a Ox 12mm notch trowel and they have a lovely thick handle which I do like so mite get a ox and see what it's like

I use a ragni 14x4 for my self leveling I've had it about 5 years and it's still not broken in I've also got a marshalltown 11x5 I got the same time used the same amount and that's sharp enough to cut bags of leveling open them ragni trowels are made of some real hard steel

Yeah its no as flexible I also have a refina premium only got it recently tho just ordered a set of waterstones to sharpen it thanks to @beddy for the idea I'm thinking of getting a Kraft carbon steel with the leather handle they look the dogs but I've just got a Ox 12mm notch trowel and they have a lovely thick handle which I do like so mite get a ox and see what it's like
got an ox for my young learner and was well impressed..... would defo buy before a mt

I use a ragni 14x4 for my self leveling I've had it about 5 years and it's still not broken in I've also got a marshalltown 11x5 I got the same time used the same amount and that's sharp enough to cut bags of leveling open them ragni trowels are made of some real hard steel
Rnt them ragni 1s them cheap things there sell in b&q? If are I had 1 for dotting it lasted a week

You lot rate the Refina flex over the nela? I got a nela a while back and hardly use it as it seems to leave tiger marks, Iv just been using my MT and then then Regina plastic to cross. Worth giving the Refina s*p*r*lex a try?

Change your timings mate, that will help. The NeLa MediFLEX has a less flexible blade so may be better suited

Mate ur using a plaziflex!? Do u think its the nela if ur still on 1 of them? Got diy written all over them chuck it in the skip

Change your timings mate, that will help. The NeLa MediFLEX has a less flexible blade so may be better suited

My sf Nela leaving tiger marks as well, have to whip out the mt and trowel like f**k to get rid of them so sort of defeats the purpose a bit. Don't think it has anything to do with time of trowelling up... Anyone have bother with th mediflex leaving tiger marks??

might try the medi then. Or just try my supaflex a little earlier. Not used it much to be honest so not even worn in. I only give it the odd try when Iv got an easy set on and time to piss around lol
Change your timings mate, that will help. The NeLa MediFLEX has a less flexible blade so may be better suited[/QUOTE

Nela sf pisses over refina sf..wudnt mind a medi but my tool box cant take anymore trowels getting beyond a joke
if
Nela sf pisses over refina sf..wudnt mind a medi but my tool box cant take anymore trowels getting beyond a joke
dont bother with the mediflex if you already have a refina sf there ain't nowt in it virtually same trowel which I personally find better than the nela sf bit more rigid

if

dont bother with the mediflex if you already have a refina sf there ain't nowt in it virtually same trowel which I personally find better than the nela sf bit more rigid
Cheers pal Il stay away then,dont get me wrong I used a refina for about 8 months but then got a nela and think there alot better I only use it for last pass

The narrow trowel feels much comfier imo. Also got a slim handle on it

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Btw when I put cross I just meant last whip. Been doing my last proper cross with my MT and a spray if needed. Tried the supaflex and it seems to tiger. Maybe I just need to use it earlier and adjust timings. get a nice finish with the MT to be fair but the flexi are easier on the wrist hey
Mate ur using a plaziflex!? Do u think its the nela if ur still on 1 of them? Got diy written all over them chuck it in the skip[/QUOTE

Status
Not open for further replies.