One coat monkeys

Members online

Ive used same gear on big (not massive) areas no problem.

Put it on. Lay down same mix.
Speedskim. 1/2 trowels done

Ok here’s an interesting scenario for you lot. Explain this one. This is how spread who works for me does it.

If big area he will knock up 2 separate mixes at the same time. 2 bags and a 1 bag. Puts 2 on n then lays straight down with the 1 mix. That’s on high suction.

Is that 1 or 2 coats

Ok here’s an interesting scenario for you lot. Explain this one. This is how spread who works for me does it.

If big area he will knock up 2 separate mixes at the same time. 2 bags and a 1 bag. Puts 2 on n then lays straight down with the 1 mix. That’s on high suction.

Is that 1 or 2 coats

Plasterboard will suck the life out of the first coat so that's 2 proper coats and I'd say. It's far better than using rapid set plaster.

@ChrispyUK bring on the popcorn van

No problem mate

giphy.gif

Is that 1 or 2 coats
When bro in law n his mate did my kitchen many moons ago . Tommo mixed 4 buckets up all at same time . And they just went through em

If I can't get a 600mm speed skim on it, I leave entire areas for other people to finish, I make sure I am always hitting the big walls. I've been known to go in the night before and write my name in pva on every wall I want.
So you’ve been known to go in the night before!!!!! Is that so you can nik any tools left on site to pay for you crack? You must be on it. Your f**k*d in the head, everything you have said looks like something you have read on this site, came up with a good crack head story and went to town with it didn’t you :sisi:

Is that 1 or 2 coats
Ffs!! Hahahahaha! What a faff!
Why not just mix 3 bags together then?
And by the way that’s 1 coating mate!....
You’re welcome geez.

Ok @John j and anyone else for clarification!

Any timeserved old spread will tell you the same thing!

1 coating is either of the 2 ways below =

A) laying 2 tight coats out of the same mix!

B) Putting 1 heavy coat only over your work!

2 coating in the eyes of any time served spread or clerk of works on site is 2 separate applied coats from 2 different mixes/gauges of plaster as they have different setting times.

The difference is night & day!!!

Ffs!! Hahahahaha! What a faff!
Why not just mix 3 bags together then?
And by the way that’s 1 coating mate!....
You’re welcome geez.

God knows mate never questioned him 35 years in game stand me on my head must be an old school thing z they mix n go no stopping

So you’ve been known to go in the night before!!!!! Is that so you can nik any tools left on site to pay for you crack? You must be on it. Your f**k*d in the head, everything you have said looks like something you have read on this site, came up with a good crack head story and went to town with it didn’t you :sisi:
Go Get Him!! @richyrich lol.

Ok @John j and anyone else for clarification!

Any timeserved old spread will tell you the same thing!

1 coating is either of the 2 ways below =

A) laying 2 tight coats out of the same mix!

B) Putting 1 heavy coat only over your work!

2 coating in the eyes of any time served spread or clerk of works on site is 2 separate applied coats from 2 different mixes/gauges of plaster as they have different setting times.

The difference is night & day!!!
Hooray! Spot on geez!
3 generations of spreads in my family mate.

If I can't get a 600mm speed skim on it, I leave entire areas for other people to finish, I make sure I am always hitting the big walls. I've been known to go in the night before and write my name in pva on every wall I want.
You must be very popular with the spreads picking up the smaller areas.