Poor Plasterers

Members online

:popcorn:

Can’t wait for his answer
:whistle:
IMG_3385.jpg

Well you should already know it, I’ve never posted up a pic lol don’t know how.

Phone them
Tbh mate there isn’t one round my way , shame really as a lot people say they do good prices , hopefully they don’t do away with the multi buy in the new year like b and q have

You only work in a five mile radius of your house?
Most of the time yes unless it’s a pacific project or referal I have traveled to wales and London on a couple of occasions but prefer not too, there is a few guys on here from my area they will confirm we are blessed with a good selection of merchants but not diy stores

Most of the time yes unless it’s a pacific project or referal I have traveled to wales and London on a couple of occasions but prefer not too, there is a few guys on here from my area they will confirm we are blessed with a good selection of merchants but not diy stores

How far is your nearest Wickes Vincey ? To the nearest mile will do

How fars your nearest B&Q?
Next village area , probably about 3 miles I only would go there if I was really really desperate as they always seem to have thrown all the bags around out side or something before they put them on display

Next village area , probably about 3 miles I only would go there if I was really really desperate as they always seem to have thrown all the bags around out side or something before they put them on display
Must be one of them local villages for local people :) so what you paying?

Village ? B&q’s Are usually located in towns large towns at that

I've just asked how much I pay for multi at Smiths, £4:99 a bag. Everything's going up in January, and plaster products are going up by 6%.

Plus vat ?

No idea as I didn't ask, but I'd imagine so. Even including VAT at £5:98 a bag it's still cheaper than Wickes at £6:49 a bag. So the idea that Wickes are cheaper than merchants isn't true. Oh and that price is delivered or collected so if you wanted four or five bags and some boards it works out cheaper and also saves the time and fuel you spend driving around.

The VAT doesn't really count for me as I'm VAT registered so most prices I get quoted are Ex-VAT.

No idea as I didn't ask, but I'd imagine so. Even including VAT at £5:98 a bag it's still cheaper than Wickes at £6:49 a bag. So the idea that Wickes are cheaper than merchants isn't true. Oh and that price is delivered or collected so if you wanted four or five bags and some boards it works out cheaper and also saves the time and fuel you spend driving around.

The VAT doesn't really count for me as I'm VAT registered so most prices I get quoted are Ex-VAT.

Incorrect my friend £5.27 in Wickes with trade discount. Which makes it cheaper

That's a s**t price pal

I don't get much discount on plaster materials (don't use much) which is why I thought it'd be a useful comparison for low volume buyers.

Delivered?

Domestic plastering is 1 day here 2 days there etc....

So the carrot of delivered doesn't really benefit us...

Different for yourself 1 place at a time for a month or so etc

I don’t care how much materials cost. If a bag of something costs me £6, I’ll charge the customer £10. If a bead is £1.20, I’ll charge them £2. If they don’t like it, they can use somebody else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tbf imago is right I get pallet delivery now to my house have done for a while then I have stock at home wrapped as it should be the price he quoted is probably the new year price already and Gordon’s wickes is still old stock

Keep us posted though Gordon if it goes up in New Year mate and if the multi buy thing disappears too

Domestic plastering is 1 day here 2 days there etc....

So the carrot of delivered doesn't really benefit us...

Different for yourself 1 place at a time for a month or so etc

That's the problem with any of these comparisons (prices, rates, meterage etc.) everyone's doing different things. So even though I might only need four bags of skim for a kitchen refurb for example, I'll still get it delivered. However on the same delivery will be other stuff (timber, S&C, levelling compund etc)

That said, if you're doing a board and skim on a ceiling it's got to be better to get half a dozen boards and the skim delivered rather than collecting it yourself?

That's the problem with any of these comparisons (prices, rates, meterage etc.) everyone's doing different things. So even though I might only need four bags of skim for a kitchen refurb for example, I'll still get it delivered. However on the same delivery will be other stuff (timber, S&C, levelling compund etc)

That said, if you're doing a board and skim on a ceiling it's got to be better to get half a dozen boards and the skim delivered rather than collecting it yourself?

That only works if your already on the job...

Example board and skim a ceiling generally 1 day job so you want your gear ready in the van day before so can be ready to go at 8am...

That's why such as wickes is useful as can collect on way home from previous days job...

Open until 8pm

Delivery would be good if you got it at half seven all the time but you don’t so better to pick it up and start straight away on a few bags job rather than wait around, times money