refina skimming trowel

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very hard for me to get mp finish, so what would be better to use the super flex on board or multi finish? I've bin told that once you have layed down your second coat wait 5mins to trowel in with the super flex wait 10mins trowel up again and that's it. It's still wet but will leave a great finish. IS THIS TRUE ?

Yes just what I heard. Price work mind. I trowel up most 3 times after my 2nd coat with the MTown. What does the super flex do that the MT doesnt

I give it about 4 trowels, the s*p*r*lex trowels up without as much effort, oh.. and the s/f is crap for scrapping floors, m/T isn;t...lol

Hang on you are supposed to use water on the walls on the polish?

I was using WD40.

Now I use WD40 and prayer.

Serious post now!

I've been looking into getting a decent finishing float. I've been using a MTown but its a 14 and carbon and I'm pig sick of cleaning drying then having to oil the bloody thing to stop it rusting through. I was going to go for you standard preworn 16" MTown about £50 from Screwfix.

Any reason to consider the s*p*r*lex instead?

There's a couple of different types of flexible trowels available obviously the s*p*r*lex but also a nelaflex available from plasterers one stop shop, many different opinions regarding the two trowels .
The one thing most people do agree on is how good these types of trowel are I would personally say its an essential tool for any spread. Bang on with your m/town then trowel up with a flex and its happy days.

Last edited:
I will say that I think you have to be patient with the flexi trowels if you only have a small hit on. Marhalltown for first and second coats then flatten in with marshalltown then finally the flex trowels. Otherwise you get lines if too soon with the flex, on a decent size hit though when you turn round to flatten with the flex the plaster should have pulled in enough for two trowels and done.

hi I'm new to the forum but i have just brought one of these super flex trowels i agree if gives a really good finish but laying on with it i found it a bit tricky leaving lines etc as I'm used to the permashape?? any replays would be good

Fuuck it on quick 2 coats same gear around bottoms then 1 coat tops. Wash out.
Angles...plastic..sflex...angles...plastic..sflex...angles plastic finished. 35m 1.45 hours.
It took me 3 flats and two 3 bed houses to suss sflex.
Skimming perfect.
Soon you will be sick of looking at walls !!

hi I'm new to the forum but i have just brought one of these super flex trowels i agree if gives a really good finish but laying on with it i found it a bit tricky leaving lines etc as I'm used to the permashape?? any replays would be good

Don't lay on with it just finish with it

Don't lay on with it just finish with it

I have an 11" Nela s*p*r*lex and I scratch and lay with that, no lines. Quick once over with the Speedskim after each layer and good to go (two trowels, no water and very little - easy). probably no good laying on with anything larger than that.

I have an 11" Nela s*p*r*lex and I scratch and lay with that, no lines. Quick once over with the Speedskim after each layer and good to go (two trowels, no water and very little - easy). probably no good laying on with anything larger than that.

I had a 14in and it left lines so I gave up with putting on with it

thanks very much for the replies, i was after a new trowel really as I've had mine for years i use the marshall town 14 inch permashape!what trowel lays on very similar to this does anyone know?

thanks very much for the replies, i was after a new trowel really as I've had mine for years i use the marshall town 14 inch permashape!what trowel lays on very similar to this does anyone know?
is this a trick question ?

Status
Not open for further replies.