refina skimming trowel

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont think my "plasterers licence" would cover me on that lol :-D

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

I was going to buy a s*p*r*lex/plastic just been in bq and bought and 14" carbon ragni on the basis of flex in the blade and lightness compared to a stainless marshall.

I know there cheap and probably wont last years and years but tbh I always brake them in with an oilstone before I use so don't mind if only got couple of yrs at at a time etc.

Will post in new year!:RpS_thumbsup:

Dont think my "plasterers licence" would cover me on that lol :-D

To be honest marshy if you usually use a 16 " m/town you'll probably be ok with a 18" s*p*r*lex, I know its bit heavier then the m/t, but because you dont have to apply as much pressure there'll still be less fatigue with the s*p*r*lex.

I was going to buy a s*p*r*lex/plastic just been in bq and bought and 14" carbon ragni on the basis of flex in the blade and lightness compared to a stainless marshall.

I know there cheap and probably wont last years and years but tbh I always brake them in with an oilstone before I use so don't mind if only got couple of yrs at at a time etc.

Will post in new year!:RpS_thumbsup:

Can you post that in the DIY section then!

Im still struggling to see what the benefits are of the s*p*r*lex.. is it just that they are kinder on the arms ?? i use a 16'' stainless and it gets the finish flat as, if its better on the wrists etc, then thats good for the people who suffer in that dept... but i just cant see how the s/flex can get a flatter/ nicer finish... I suppose if whatever works for each individual then go that route.. just curious for answers... i agree the stainless 16 is a little heavy on the arms tho, but suppose Im used to it....

Cheers for that pal. I only ordered it because of you lads rave reviews especially jessops. He said its witchcraft so cant wait lol :-D

Cheers for that pal. I only ordered it because of you lads rave reviews especially jessops. He said its witchcraft so cant wait lol :-D

Not from me mate.. never used one.. sure you will think its ok tho, gets good reviews on here..

If I was going to get another trowel I would choose a carbon steel one next as I've heard good things and never owned one. ( I think!)

Its like anything i suppose? Somthing works for one but not the other?? I went for the s*p*r*lex stainless as afew of the lads have troweled up to a very good finish with no water used ?? Just wanted to try it for myself rather than just keep posting "hard to believe?" Etc.

I used the s*p*r*lex on mpfinish what a trowel. Did a set no water. :RpS_thumbsup:

What you reckon is the s/flex advantage over a normal finishing trowel mate... I dont use a lot of water anyway, so using no water wouldnt be an advantage to me.. cheers mate..

What you reckon is the s/flex advantage over a normal finishing trowel mate... I dont use a lot of water anyway, so using no water wouldnt be an advantage to me.. cheers mate..

I find it takes a lot less work to finish the skim with it. Easyer on the body. Takes less skim back off the wall when skimming. And it takes about 20 to30 min off a set. Had my dad with me last night using it to give him ago with it. He was well inpressed with it he is plastering 45 years mate and it is hard to inpress him.

This threads ran for 6 pages @theclemo with nothing but love for these trowels if thats not enough to convince cassie to part with 30 quid to buy one I dont know what will.

Last edited by a moderator:
This threads ran for 6 pages @theclemo with nothing but love for these trowels if thats not enough to convince cassie to part with 30 quid to buy one I dont know what will.
Nowt to do with 30 quid mate...lol.. I bought 2 speedskims..lol.. so basically it cuts the set time down and is easier on the body ... thats good to know... by the way i think I sussed these tiger stripes out.. did them purposely on a wall thats being tiled as an experiment.. I got them with a dry trowelling going the opposite way ( horizontal ) trowelled them in when the gear had darkened, but they were still flat and wont bother the decoration if painted etc... anyways thanks for a great topic re. trowels.. Im still well pleased with the refina 16 stainless, doesnt bother my arms/wrists.. but i can see how some of ya are going with the s/flex...

old dog and all that.
lol.. maybe.. 49 tomorrow mate... just posted about the s*p*r*lex.. and im fine with my stainless 16... maybe if i start aching too much might try them out, im sure they have there place in our game..

cheers mate, maybe someone will buy me a s*p*r*lex ?....lol..x some birthday.. skimming a big bathroom...wtf..

Got to wordload done mate, little one finishes school friday, so got her mon, tue... might take her mixing..lol

Has any 1 used 1 on a curved ceiling yet if so whas the verdict? Ive got a load to do next week anything to make life easier

Status
Not open for further replies.