super flex trowell nela or refina?

Status
Not open for further replies.

megamix

Hi thinking of buying a s*p*r*lex trowel are they any good or just a gimmick? Also which brand? My friend has just sent his nela back due to glue failure.

Hi thinking of buying a s*p*r*lex trowel are they any good or just a gimmick? Also which brand? My friend has just sent his nela back due to glue failure.

The glue situation has now been resolved - thankfully!

It may be worth doing a search on the two and seeing what has been said in the past.

For us, we strongly feel the NeLa is the superior product and have lots of reviews from people who have used both to say so. That doesn't mean we haven't had others prefer our competitors.

NeLa has been the biggest selling and most talked about also

This is another new thing :) Marshalltown is the only trowel I've ever used and always did the job fine.
From what a gather these are just a softer metal , thats been done loads by Marshalltown too , pain in the arse as you have to look after them and the slightest knock onto a bead etc and they nick, drop them and fork another £50 out.
In saying that I haven't a clue what i'm on about , Im old fashioned and Irish and dont even call the tools the right names

In a nutshell this is the rival trowel companies answer as to which is best !!!
super flex trowell nela or refina?

This is another new thing :) Marshalltown is the only trowel I've ever used and always did the job fine.
From what a gather these are just a softer metal , thats been done loads by Marshalltown too , pain in the arse as you have to look after them and the slightest knock onto a bead etc and they nick, drop them and fork another £50 out.
In saying that I haven't a clue what i'm on about , Im old fashioned and Irish and dont even call the tools the right names
What's Irish got to do with cheese

The glue situation has now been resolved - thankfully!

It may be worth doing a search on the two and seeing what has been said in the past.

For us, we strongly feel the NeLa is the superior product and have lots of reviews from people who have used both to say so. That doesn't mean we haven't had others prefer our competitors.

NeLa has been the biggest selling and most talked about also

Biggest selling ? So you have the figures to back that up yours against refina ?

What's your friend do for a living
My friend is the plasterer I served my time with he's been in game over 50 years. Yes that's right 50. He's just turned 66. I can shove it up walls quicker than lads half his age. But back to the point he used his nela for two gauges and it fell apart. He sent it back as far as I'm aware he's had a refund and waiting for new batch of trowels to be shipped.

My friend is the plasterer I served my time with he's been in game over 50 years. Yes that's right 50. He's just turned 66. I can shove it up walls quicker than lads half his age. But back to the point he used his nela for two gauges and it fell apart. He sent it back as far as I'm aware he's had a refund and waiting for new batch of trowels to be shipped.

There was a batching issue which has been resolved. He will be getting a replacement very soon mate

i use the refina flex trowel 14 inch and the marshalltown duraflex premier trowel 13 inch. the marshalltown has the better build quality . both are good trowels . i only use the refina on plasterboard skimming and final trowel on other back grounds .

That's very simple as the Nela is never in stock, get the refina ;)
And don't be fooled by it's only out of stock because it's the better seller.

Never in stock... Recently no, I agree. As I have said countless times NELA is now selling across the world. Demand is high. NeLa have invested in a new factory to cope.

I know you don't like the NeLa... Not sure if you have used one. Always been pro Refina and that's fair enough.

Never in stock... Recently no, I agree. As I have said countless times NELA is now selling across the world. Demand is high. NeLa have invested in a new factory to cope.

I know you don't like the NeLa... Not sure if you have used one. Always been pro Refina and that's fair enough.

It's not I don't like Nela as you say I've never used one and only ever used one refina trowel always been mt.

Seems the trouble is then Nela are trying to run before they can walk

It's not I don't like Nela as you say I've never used one and only ever used one refina trowel always been mt.

Seems the trouble is then Nela are trying to run before they can walk

Certainly not the case mate. With over 12500 sold and less than 180 issues I'm confident in saying it was a small issue. No1 has lost out on it apart from us and NeLa.

Although NeLa is a new company the partners of NeLa are very experienced in the manufacture of Plastering tools. Certainly know what they were doing. Just a small issue.

I'm sure others have had issues similar to this..

nelas are shiite. nothing against piss as i am more than happy with other products i have bought from them and the offer was always there to have my nela replaced. i was more than happy with it for a while there and even carried on using it after it delaminated but then one day i just tossed it. im on the new marshaltown and the refina. both excellent trowels. with the nela it was like when you yanks playing 9 ball and they have one special cue to break off, or like in golf when they put those stupid gloves on for one drive. and i wouldnt pay thirty quid for a nela midget when you can et superb pavan flexi venetians for a third of that price

Hi I've noticed you have a shop on ebay. Have you got any 14inch nelas in stock? if so are they the new improved version.?

nelas are shiite. nothing against piss as i am more than happy with other products i have bought from them and the offer was always there to have my nela replaced. i was more than happy with it for a while there and even carried on using it after it delaminated but then one day i just tossed it. im on the new marshaltown and the refina. both excellent trowels. with the nela it was like when you yanks playing 9 ball and they have one special cue to break off, or like in golf when they put those stupid gloves on for one drive. and i wouldnt pay thirty quid for a nela midget when you can et superb pavan flexi venetians for a third of that price

PM me your address - I will send you the new NeLa and I know you will change your thoughts mate.

I have the new Nela premium (was asked to try it as i slated the origional) i think its a bloody good trowel. I love my marshaltowns and my refina superted. Lets face it its the person using it as i keep saying not just the trowel.

Hi I've noticed you have a shop on ebay. Have you got any 14inch nelas in stock? if so are they the new improved version.?

We don't sell on EBay mate. We also sell the trowels to dealers and a few of them do

To my knowledge there are no 14" in stock online.

I have a few in the showroom which are the new style. If you give me a call tomorrow on 01242236699 I can sort it out for you

Cheers will do. Seen plenty for sale on eBay put don't want to end up buying any old stock. There was someone selling a job lot of them the other week. I assume they were the ones always getting returned.

On a serious note,

I know some will like one and others will like another - that's life and your the guys using them so it's your choice.

We have made lots of improvemnts on the NeLa s*p*r*lex since its launch.

These improvements have been made from the fb you guys give.

@Marshy for example helped us out a lot with the NeLa Premium and the product has improved massively in his eyes :)

Cheers will do. Seen plenty for sale on eBay put don't want to end up buying any old stock. There was someone selling a job lot of them the other week. I assume they were the ones always getting returned.

I haven't seen anything like a job lot to be honest. There shouldn't be any old style left anymore in the UK. We didn't call them back as it was only a small batch with the issue

On a serious note,

I know some will like one and others will like another - that's life and your the guys using them so it's your choice.

We have made lots of improvemnts on the NeLa s*p*r*lex since its launch.

These improvements have been made from the fb you guys give.

@Marshy for example helped us out a lot with the NeLa Premium and the product has improved massively in his eyes :)
Marshy only has one good eye

Status
Not open for further replies.