Wage gap closing between skilled and unskilled

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen worse than that dude, I'll even admit myself sometimes it just doesn't set right and dried an aweful colour! There are a few properties Ive worked in that I just can't get a good finish, no matter what background, time of year or batch of plaster.. Done nearly every room in house over 3 years but its a nightmare every time! I think humidty and ventilation has a massive part to play in plaster setting properly, only thing I can think of!

It doesn't matter one single bit what it looks like when it's drying or when it's dry.....its when its painted that count! Different backgrounds dry at different times so you will see a difference when dry.
I've seen my work when done and bits I thought I'd missed don't show through and no it wasn't sanded down to get right.
The end product is what counts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear jaywick is an ideal candidate for this

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

things are busy in jaywick now. new roads and pavements being built. gov. must have given them some money.
essex council would not repair the roads as they had never been adopted by the council as they were substandard. there was not any pavements on brookland estate.

things are busy in jaywick now. new roads and pavements being built. gov. must have given them some money.
essex council would not repair the roads as they had never been adopted by the council as they were substandard. there was not any pavements on brookland estate.
Good on them, but not sure how's that gonna help their case on unemployment. I can't imagine any of them people who were filmed that would get a job as a general labourer, most of them is a liability according to the program on c4 or 5.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It doesn't matter one single bit what it looks like when it's drying or when it's dry.....its when its painted that count! Different backgrounds dry at different times so you will see a difference when dry.
I've seen my work when done and bits I thought I'd missed don't show through and no it wasn't sanded down to get right.
The end product is what counts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Correct! (y)

View attachment 10459Some plasterers call this a good job looks crap it's all different texture some shiny some matt some real rough drivers me mad what happened to skilled guys with pride in there work

To be fair to the plasterers who did this, that doesn't look dried out completely to me and when its not dried out, it can look not great, esp in pics. How long they do this before you weighed in?

To be fair to the plasterers who did this, that doesn't look dried out completely to me and when its not dried out, it can look not great, esp in pics. How long they do this before you weighed in?
yeah maybe it its not dry proper yet it's only bin on the wall since November 2015 haha

Wage gap closing between skilled and unskilled
Ok so ur saying the last pic isn't so bad but what about this I had to hack half inch of skim off to get a flat surface that's not a good job no way u twist it

View attachment 10477Ok so ur saying the last pic isn't so bad but what about this I had to hack half inch of skim off to get a flat surface that's not a good job no way u twist it

No I understand, what I was saying is its hard to tell a good skimmed wall most times going by pics and not dried out properly. You can't see in pics what one can with the naked eye. I've had great skimmed walls but because the walls Haven been dried out, if taken a pic, it doesnt look great.

Not bad, 2 slithers in left corner but looks well. Thanks for posting this, might just stick it on my website when its up and running lol
yeah the two small cuts but that's the sacrifice u have to make to centralise the hob area it was the best way if I had started with the stagger the opposite way it would of had 3 small cuts on the left .I do know what I'm doin not bad seeing as I learnt on day release from prison

yeah the two small cuts but that's the sacrifice u have to make to centralise the hob area it was the best way if I had started with the stagger the opposite way it would of had 3 small cuts on the left .I do know what I'm doin not bad seeing as I learnt on day release from prison

Yeah it can happen when doing brick effect, you just have to go with it.

Prison you say, a Jesus, not a bit of wonder your running about with top of the range cutters. :musculoso:. Ya may hope the tax man doesn't know thou lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.