new system for bead fixing

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
i only have small sample amount but i will give some out to try if and when it takes off.
i am just beginning market research at the moment and you are first guys ive shown too
Surely letting us try it is market research

morning all,
ive just took a couple of pics showing one strip of tape holding up a stop bead above stairs,
tricky sometimes but made easy.

Attachments

• 20190530_093157.jpg
    20190530_093157.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 292
  • 20190530_093212.jpg
    20190530_093212.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 256
I wouldn't run it over beed . You see it like wickes bar codes
it was just to show the strength of the tape.
on an angle bead you would run a stanley knife down both sides of the bead nosing and peel the sliver of tape from nosing.
on stop bead the tape would run with the bead and not cover nosing.
once skimmed its invisible.

it was just to show the strength of the tape.
on an angle bead you would run a stanley knife down both sides of the bead nosing and peel the sliver of tape from nosing.
on stop bead the tape would run with the bead and not cover nosing.
once skimmed its invisible.
So in theory it’s not quicker than a clout or a staple with all that messing about cutting bits off

morning all,
ive just took a couple of pics showing one strip of tape holding up a stop bead above stairs,
tricky sometimes but made easy.
If your going to show us a new product at least use the product how you would in real world situation. My biggest issue other than the ones mentioned is how well plaster would adhere to that tape. I know there's holes in it so plaster touches the wall but still cant see you getting a solid bond on the tape. I don't really think this needed inventing tbh and I can never see it holding a stop bead in place right to the wall, as the edge of the bead will drop down a few mm at least, at worst it would just be hanging there

off to work,
taped on beads yesterday so ready to skim and early finish.
I could see it might be handy if you were going over some crumbly old bit of wall and ..might save you knocking up a bit of skim to stick on with and probably cheaper than gripper, but seriously, you ain't going to make a million quid here because it's not easier than a staple, so no use for boards.

I could see it might be handy if you were going over some crumbly old bit of wall and ..might save you knocking up a bit of skim to stick on with and probably cheaper than gripper, but seriously, you ain't going to make a million quid here because it's not easier than a staple, so no use for boards.

Hows that going to work? It won’t stick to a crumbly wall just like scrim tape won’t.

He said it will work better if the crumbly wall is pva’d. Well that won’t work either because cellotape won’t re-emulsify the pva. So the tape will be clinging to a thin coat of pva. Thus when the bead goes on it will just fall off, taking the pva with it. Even if it stayed up with gravity on its side, it won’t be bonded enough to skim. First trowel will pull it off.

Absolutely ridiculous idea. Got to
Be a wind up.

yes mate works on boards and faster than stapler.
no loose beads or trying to line up holes with staple.
also you can't staple a hard wall but tape does both.

If anything, beads should come with it already attached so you just peel the film off and stick em on.
good idea but would need a continues sticky tape down whole length of bead on both sides making it fiddly in use and expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.