refina skimming trowel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont leave it very long, washout and a quick brew and straight on it. Last 2 trowels i get on early to avoid using any water, for 30 quid mate i cant recomend these trowels highly enough.

hiya pal, do you not use any water at all?? and how many trowels do you give the set? 3 or 4 ?? I'm not trying to catch you out or take the pi*s I am genuinely interested as I nearly gave in (thanks to you guys on here) with one of those plastic trowels but bottled it at the last minute. I've been spreading over 25 year myself and very much stuck in my ways but if there are products that help? I'm keen to find out about them

Bottled it over a $25 bit of kit ?? Buy the s*p*r*lex and a plastic. Far easier to finish.. with both I either wet the trowel with a brush or use a sprayer to form a light mist.... like the milf hairdressers did to me when I was a kid gettin a haircut.

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

I use the s*p*r*lex for the last 2 trowels mate and get on it earlier than I would if I was using a m/town. If you catch it right multi will finish without water, there's alot who use these trowels for the whole set including laying in. I dont but Only because there quite a delicate trowel and wont stand up to loads of pressure without bending, I do the donkey work with an m/town then switch.

Bottled it over a $25 bit of kit ?? Buy the s*p*r*lex and a plastic. Far easier to finish.. with both I either wet the trowel with a brush or use a sprayer to form a light mist.... like the milf hairdressers did to me when I was a kid gettin a haircut.

yes I did. :RpS_blushing: because I read further posts from some saying the blades got damaged in the back of the van very easy?? it can get a bit rough in the back of my land rover so yes I bottled it, sorry windy

I only plaster part time but my.last sleeve lasted me 12 months

just got home from skimming a boarded ceiling and i used my new s*p*r*lex for the first time and...........................................................WTF IS THIS WITCH CRAFT OR WHAT! for a brand new trowel strait out the box im well impressed and not a drop of water used. i need to adjust my timings a bit but i know i will use this trowel every time :RpS_thumbsup: puts the plazzi to shame.

just got home from skimming a boarded ceiling and i used my new s*p*r*lex for the first time and...........................................................WTF IS THIS WITCH CRAFT OR WHAT! for a brand new trowel strait out the box im well impressed and not a drop of water used. i need to adjust my timings a bit but i know i will use this trowel every time :RpS_thumbsup: puts the plazzi to shame.
What size did you get jessop? Is this flexible metal your talking about?

I can't believe it?? but don't doubt your word. is it a 16" trowel and did you just trowel up with it or apply aswell :RpS_confused:

That wasnt aimed specifically at you jessop mate , but the other doubters. They know who they are lol.

I'm only a doubter as its against everything I was taught at the firm I served my time and college. its the "sounds too good to be true" scenario?? I'm not saying I don't believe any of you in fact I'm watching a 16" s*p*r*lex on thee bay so after Jessops testimonials I am gonna click "buy it now" I don't mind holding my hand up when I'm wrong about somthing

Thats what I like about plastering . The tools are reasonably cheap... take a punt and if u don't like it it hardly breaks the bank... Thats why although plastics get nicked easily a replacement.t is quite cheap.... god help us when they make makita or hilti trowels...

bloody hell its £7 postage on top of £39.99 ??? where did you get yuours Jessop pal ?? is the one stop shop on here better to buy from? :RpS_confused:

It what way did you have to adjust your timings. Can you post a link from where you got yours

cheapest I've seen are on refina.com. website at £30 for 16" which is same size as my m/t not sure on postage tho? gonna get one after reading the positive posts from the regular lads on here, they might take the p*ss but they know their stuff and that's good enough endorsement for me :RpS_thumbup:

I'm only a doubter as its against everything I was taught at the firm I served my time and college. its the "sounds too good to be true" scenario?? I'm not saying I don't believe any of you in fact I'm watching a 16" s*p*r*lex on thee bay so after Jessops testimonials I am gonna click "buy it now" I don't mind holding my hand up when I'm wrong about somthing

you wont be a doubter for much longer marshy,, hope you've clicked that" buy it now botton:RpS_thumbsup:

Goin off the subject of refina a lot o the old boys used ta go on about the diston trowel USA import reckon dogs bollox

cheapest I've seen are on refina.com. website at £30 for 16" which is same size as my m/t not sure on postage tho? gonna get one after reading the positive posts from the regular lads on here, they might take the p*ss but they know their stuff and that's good enough endorsement for me :RpS_thumbup:
Ive posted 3 times now there 25 quid on offer.. post is 6 quid..

Status
Not open for further replies.