new system for bead fixing

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do you mean, you want to stick mf to the non adhesive part of the tape?
Yes , when the take is stuck on board ( and bead ) I expect the MF to stick to top as good as it sticks to the board, eg fine hairs on surface or texture for physical grab

Yes , when the take is stuck on board ( and bead ) I expect the MF to stick to top as good as it sticks to the board, eg fine hairs on surface or texture for physical grab
You mean like a gecko?

Adhesive tape is not currently subject to British standards or euro equivalent.

i would not like to use it on a WD contract. i have seen them take huge tile floors up because they used a tile adhesive that they were never given the opportunity to test it.

I had mf confused with metal framing.
You mean multi finish.
The grab is through the holes onto subsurface.
Original tape had Matt surface new improved has smooth like a metal bead.
You can get tapes with surface you need.

So if you're dabbing out a new build extension or house you would PVA all block work?

Or just if it's contaminated with shitloads of dust,

i would not like to use it on a WD contract. i have seen them take huge tile floors up because they used a tile adhesive that they were never given the opportunity to test it.
Once tape is launched I will be seeking to get its use as a bead fix method approved as a British standard.
Staples or clouts into mortar are not.

So if you're dabbing out a new build extension or house you would PVA all block work?

Or just if it's contaminated with shitloads of dust,
Therms , yes, but have explained on the other thread about Stanley for physical grab
7n just brush

Once tape is launched I will be seeking to get its use as a bead fix method approved as a British standard.
Staples or clouts into mortar are not.
Tape is no good for my use

Adhesives to be fair rarely fail, it is usually application error or incorrect adhesive for job.
Non flexi tile adhesive on plywood subfloor is a common one.

Great, saves me taking legal action against you.
The problem with using your tape is the surface is a non absorbing wet patch on trowelling up , the plaster is not bonded , you have holes for this reason , get a hairy tape surface and you will make progress

The problem with using your tape is the surface is a non absorbing wet patch on trowelling up , the plaster is not bonded , you have holes for this reason , get a hairy tape surface and you will make progress
Same as a metal bead you mean, proven over years or a smooth plastic bead.
But yes that would be ideal, I need a big tape manufacturer to produce to my spec but until I buy one out they will only adapt a tape they already manufacturer.

Same as a metal bead you mean, proven over years or a smooth plastic bead.
But yes that would be ideal, I need a big tape manufacturer to produce to my spec but until I buy one out they will only adapt a tape they already manufacturer.
Mesh reenforced paper tape with contact adhesive lol

Told him just spray back of bead with contact adhesive months ago lol

Seriously though it looks like it sticks well to bricks,
I buy shitloads of blue dolphin orange brick tape use it daily and it's not really that good at sticking to bricks, I get through more than what any plasterer could get through on scrim,
Have you got some without the holes

Seriously though it looks like it sticks well to bricks,
I buy shitloads of blue dolphin orange brick tape use it daily and it's not really that good at sticking to bricks, I get through more than what any plasterer could get through on scrim,
Have you got some without the holes
whats the brick tape for,masking?

Status
Not open for further replies.